A vibrant and impressive community within the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), the Town of Oakville is a beautiful lakeside town with a strong heritage, revered and celebrated by residents and visitors alike. Founded in 1857, this striking town has become one of the most coveted residential and business centres in Ontario, and for good reason:
This thriving municipality of about 187,300 residents provides all the advantages of a well-serviced urban centre, while maintaining its small-town ambiance.
Along historical downtown streets, Oakville offers a mix of converted 19th century buildings which accommodate over 400 fine shops, restaurants and professional services.
DESTINATION FOR BOTH VISITORS AND RESIDENTS
A 30-minute drive from downtown Toronto, and an hour’s drive from the U.S. border, Oakville is often referred to as the heart of the Golden Horseshoe region.
Residents and visitors enjoy theatre, dance, music and comedy performances at the Oakville Centre for the Performing Arts. The community also provides plenty of recreational opportunities with
- 6 full service community centres each with 100’s of recreational programs for all ages
- 300 kms of grommed hiking and cycling trails
- 2 picturesque marinas & harbours with docks and slips for sails and powerboats
- 10 minute drive to the Glen Eden Ski Resort
- 2 hrs from both Collingwood and Ellicotville
- 31 waterfront parks
- 4 hockey and athletic development centres
- Many gold courses, including the PGA-recognized Glen Abbey Golf Course which has hosted the Canadian Open for many years
- An annual Ribfest and jazz Festival drawing crowds from all around the GTA
A PLACE TO DO BUSINESS
Oakville’s strong and diversified economic base offers an excellent location for both new and expanding businesses. Currently national and international corporate headquarters represented in the automotive, technology, business service, aerospace, pharmaceutical and tourism sectors.
While GTA traffic congestion can make a car commute to Toronto tedious, many residents elect to use the speedy and cost effective GO train service ensuring a door to door commute of approximately 40 minutes for most.
Click here if you would like to learn more about how I can help you find a new home in the perfect neighbourhood with the best schools for your family. Please contact me to schedule a "no-obligation", get-together over coffee...... I look forward to hearing from you.